4000 Series 4012-46TWG2A
1166 kWm @ 1500 rpm
The 4012-46TWG engine has been developed using the latest engineering techniques and builds on the strengths of the already very successful 4012 Series family and addresses today’s uncompromising demands within the power generation industry. Developed from a proven heavy-duty industrial base these products offer superior performance and reliability.
The 4012-46TWG2A is a turbocharged and air-to-water charge-cooled, 12 cylinder diesel engine which offers a choice of temperate or tropical cooling. Its premium features provide exceptional power-to-weight ratio resulting in exceptional fuel consumption.
The overall performance and reliability characteristics makes this one of the prime choices for today’s power generation industry.
Features and benefits
- Individual 4 valve per cylinder give optimised gas flows, while unit fuel injectors ensure ultra fine fuel atomisation and hence controlled rapid combustion for efficiency and economy
- Commonality of components with other engines in the 4000 Series family allows reduced parts stocking levels for
the end users
- Developed and tested using latest engineering techniques
- Piston temperatures are controlled by an advanced gallery jet cooling system
- All engines are tolerant of a wide range of temperatures without derate
- Service is provided through the extensive Perkins network of distributors and dealers worldwide
- Engines designed to comply with major international standards
- Low gaseous emissions for cleaner operation
Compact, clean and efficient power
- Exceptional power to weight ratio and compact size give optimum power density for ease of installation and more
cost effective transportation
- Designed to provide excellent service access for ease of maintenance
- Warranties and Service Contracts
12 months unlimited warranty with 24 months on Major items. For low use applications <500 hours per year
This engine does not comply to Harmonized International Regulated Emissions Limits
Air inlet system
- Mounted air filter
- Direct fuel injection system with fuel lift pump
- Governing to ISO 8528-5 class G3 with isochronous capability
- Full-flow spin-on fuel oil filters
- Wet full aluminium sump with filler and dipstick
- Full-flow replaceable ‘Ecoplus’ filter
- Engine jacket water/lub oil temperature stabiliser
- Two twin thermostats
- System designed for ambients up to 50ºC
- Powder coated radiator comprising: water radiator; fuel oil cooling (optional); all pipes, hoses and clips; fan; pulleys;
fan belts and safety guards
- 24 volt starter motor and 24 volt alternator with DC output
- Overspeed switch and magnetic pickup
- Turbine inlet temperature shutdown switch
- Twin high coolant temperate shutdown switches
- Twin low oil pressure shutdown switches
Flywheel and housing
- Flywheel to SAE J620 size 18
- SAE 00 flywheel housing
- Choice of temperate or tropical radiators available dependant on operational cooling requirements
Fuel oil cooler integral to the radiator assembly
Immersion heater with thermostat
Note: This list is not exhaustive, further options will be available at the product’s introduction
The above ratings represent the engine performance capabilities guaranteed within plus or minus 3% at the reference conditions equivalent to those specified in ISO 8528/1, ISO 3046/1, BS 5514/1.
Rating conditions: 25°C air inlet temperature, barometric pressure 100 kPa, relative humidity 30%. Please consult your distributor or the factory for ratings in other ambient conditions. Note: For full ratings please refer to Perkins Engines Company Limited. All electrical ratings are based on an average alternator efficiency and a power factor of 0.8. Fuel specification: BS2869: Class A2.
Baseload power: Power available for continuous full load operation. No overload is permitted. Prime power: Power available for variable load with an average load factor not exceeding 80% of the prime power rating in any 24 hour period. Overload of 10% permitted for 1 hour in every 12 hours operation.
Standby (maximum): Power available at variable load in the event of a main power network failure up to a maximum of 500 hours per
year. No overload is permitted.