1500 Series 1506A-E88TAG3
244 kWm standby net power @ 1500 rpm
Building upon Perkins proven reputation within the power generation industry the Perkins® 1500 Series Electropak engines now fit even closer to our customer’s needs.
The 1506A-E88TAG3 Engines is a 6 cylinder, fully electronic, turbocharged, air-to-air charge cooled diesel engine. It is economical, quiet and reliable and provides the high performance that is demanded by our customers for their power generation needs.
Focusing on the Perkins common platform theme, changes to engine envelope dimensions and connection points have been kept to a minimum, making for easy installation across the ratings.
Certified against the requirements of EU 2007 (EU 97/68/EC Stage II) legislation for non-road mobile machinery, powered by constant speed engines.
Features and benefits
- The Perkins® 1506A-E88TAG3 delivers greater productivity through an improved power to weight ratio
- The world-class power density has been achieved from an 8.8 litre turbocharged engine using a hydraulic actuated unit injection (HEUI) fuel system; making this engine robust for all markets due to its ability to cope with the variation of fuel quality around the world
- In its class, the 1506A-E88TAG3 has been designed to provide dependable power even in extreme ambient climates
Low operating costs
- Oil change service intervals are set at 500 hours as standard
- Designed to provide low cost of ownerhsip, simple maintenance and reduced downtime
- Warranties and Service Contracts
12 months unlimited warranty with 24 months on Major items. For low use applications <500 hours per year
- 1506A-E88TAG3 has been designed to hit the power node requirements of our customers
- Switchability functionality from 50 Hz/1500 rpm to 60 Hz/1800 rpm and vice versa is available to provide greater
flexibility for frequency selection
Air inlet system
- Mounted air filter and turbocharger
- HEUI fuel system with full authority electronic control
- Electronic governing to ISO 8528-5 with stand-alone isochronous and load-sharing capabilities
- Fuel filter, fuel transfer pump, fuel priming pump
- Spin on primary, secondary and water filter separator
- Wet full aluminium sump with filler and dipstick
- Full-flow spin-on filters
- Oil pump, gear driven
- Thermostatically controlled with belt driven, circulating pump and belt-drive fan
- Mounted belt driven pusher fan
- Radiator supplied loose with all guards and pipes
- Air-to-air charge cooler incorporated in radiator
- 24V starter motor and 24V, 45 amp alternator with DC output
- Electronic Control Module (ECM) mounted on engine with wiring looms and sensors
Flywheel and housing
- High inertia flywheel to SAE 1 J620 Size 355.6 mm (14 in)
- Aluminium SAE 1 flywheel housing
- Front engine mounting bracket
The above ratings represent the engine performance capabilities to conditions specified in ISO 8528/1, ISO 3046/1:1986, BS5514/1. Derating maybe required for conditions outside these; consult Perkins Engines Company Limited.
Generator powers are typical and are based on an average alternator efficiency and a power factor (cos. q) of 0.8. Fuel specification: BS 2869: Part 2 1998 Class A2 or DIN EN 590. Lubricating oil: 15W40 to API CG4.
Prime power: Variable load. Unlimited hours usage with an average load factor of 80% of the published prime power over each 24 hour period. A 10% overload is available for 1 hour in every 12 hours of operation.
Standby power: Variable load. Limited to 500 hours annual usage, up to 300 hours of which may be continuous running. No overload is permitted.